Keru is a Seeker of the Sun, Miqo'te who is a healer by trade. He currently works with the members of Hearth Haven.
- Pronunciation: (Keh-rue Lau-rhee)
- Nameday: 15th Sun of the Sixth Umbral Moon 1555.
- Laterality: Left-Handed
- Place of Birth: Gridania
Appearance & Personality
- Keru wears short robes on most occasions, having given up on wearing sandals, the shoes he wears vary, he has only recently been seen wearing more armor like clothing though he does not wear heavy armor. Keru wears his glasses more often now, he also dresses in random colors. Keru has become a someone more mature person in light of recent events in his life, while he is still bad at catching on to a number of things(mostly innuendos) he has grown a bit more confident in his abilities and works to improve himself. Keru still retains a lot of his old habits, bad with time management, forgetting to feed himself, still pretty poor with directions, he has gotten much better at carrying on conversations as well as becoming fairly good at using his wit.
- Keru was born as K'eyiru in Gridania to parents K'arteh and B'sholya, he was raised in Gridania most of his life. Keru from a young age was fascinated with the art of magic and wanted to train as conjurer for most of his childhood. Over the years Keru learned more about his family and how his parents were protection for a merchants caravan and how they traveled most of their lives until Keru was in the picture. It was then they told him his surname was Lowry, however he felt it wasn't true.
- Around the time Keru was ten he had been demonstrating abilities that allowed him to manipulate aether. Keru's parents wanted him to learn how to use and control his powers and his mother wanted to teach him both Conjury and Thaumaturgy, while the Conjurer's guild would not except him, his mother taught him a few basic spells, much to his father's dismay although throughout this time he also began to teach Keru archery, shortly after Keru became friends with two local girls Dannielle and Gabrielle Mercer. While he was fairly shy and soft-spoken they acted as his sisters and tried to teach him how to toughen up and be his own person, and to not let others push him around.
- Around his fifteenth year Danni and Gabi were missing and he had a hunch on were they would be, he grabbed his mothers wand and tried to go after them, when he reached them they were being chased by an ochu he tried to use a spell he was practicing but he unfortunately was unable to do it, his parents showed up and were able to scare off the ochu and save Danni and Gabi. After some of the townsfolk heard of this they were confused and thought Keru brought them out there, Keru's parents decided it was in Keru's best interest if they left Gridania so they left to Limsa Lominsa.
- A year after they arrived Keru decided he wanted to be able to protect those he cared about and started training to join the arcanist guild and was accepted for training. Keru's training was smooth for the most part, Keru had two mentors, one who still to this day works with the arcanist guild, the other who had passed away. One of his mentors, Violenne a duskwight elezen, taught him a lot about magic and the views of her colleagues, which also helped him formulate his ideas. Unfortunately Keru experienced the darker side of magic when his mentor Violenne was tortured then killed by a rouge thaumaturge, it is unknown to the guild but Keru watched both the torture and murder of Violenne. Throughout his training he had learned many things and around the time of the Calamity he had a falling out with his parents and after the calamity he was unable to find them. Keru knew they argued but does not remember about what so he is unsure where they went and what happened all he found was a book of his parents contacts in other cities, throughout these years Keru had also been formulating his views and ideas about magic, while he also wanted to write two different books, one about all of his magical theories, the other an encyclopedia of sorts. Despite their disappearance he decided to stay in Limsa Lominsa for the following years and has up until recently thought it was an issue of them visiting relatives he has since decided that when he gets a little bit stronger he will go out to Gridania and see what people who knew his parents know about their disappearance.
- In the year 1577 Keru had made the choice to go to Gridania and seek out the help of others so that he can get over his guilt involving his parents. Keru is also going back and forth from Gridania and Limsa Lominsa. Keru joined the medical division of XI:7 having spoke with them on a few occasions. After quite a bit of things happened to the company, he was trying to get closer to the other members, and for a while he felt odd around them, after recent events however, he quickly has felt as if XI:7 is his second home. Keru had begun basic training with the cesti over in Ul'dah along with browsing through the books owned by the Thaumaturge's guild. Keru seems to be all over, in most cases he can be found where ever there are books.
- Keru had parted ways with his free company and has since moved to other aspects of life to focus on. Keru had begun his search of who had killed his mentor cycles ago look into details he might've missed, he recalled that she had an odd tatoo he had never really seen, having spoke with the little family Violenne had left they had mentioned to him that she left her study locked and no one else knew how to get in. After some digging Keru had learned she left a key with him and with approval from the family he entered her study to look around, to find that there were letters with meeting locations that have oddly been around the time she had taken him farther from Limsa. Spending weeks looking to the letters he had found he realized that a common meeting was in Ul'dah and went to investigate the place, when he initially checked the place out he had recalled that he remembered a time she and him were in the area and she had went to the meeting while he had mostly fallen asleep. It was there he had met Kylin and had discussed the matter with him. Kylin later proving that he was a member of the same group she was known as the Order of the Stormguard, Kylin had then given him a linkpearl to hold onto.
- Weeks had went by and the linkpearl was mostly silent though he had received a letter from Kylin instructing him to meet at Camp Bentbrach, it was there Kylin, S'ereno, Moltove, and himself set off to investigate some a group in the Tam-Tara Deepcroft. It was through the trial Kylin had attempted to teach the group a little about the stormguard. A bit of time passed as new memebers began to show up as well as they had an initiation in which they had become full members and received their tattoos. After a while things were going fairly smoothly although with the investigation of an amulet in possession of Kylin's museum his staff had ended him breaking the focus of said staff shattering as well. Keru worked with S'ereno as well as other members to get him a new magical foci made. Not long after he had attended an excavation of the old Haven having only to barely escape as well as the temporary headquarters being destroyed the decided to seek solace in an old storage house his parents owned. Within the next days or so the group had found a new haven to call home. Months later Keru was approached by Kylin along with Camille and S'ereno were all given their positions as Highguards, Camille and him being Co-leaders of Legio Fidelis. Keru in this time has also met with his parents for a brief moment with S'ereno. Keru has since assisted in recruiting a few members as well as helping Seeing Lyte save his newly accquired unicorn. In a recent event, a large change has occured, Keru was attacked by his so called sister and ended up being blinded. In the passing days, Keru's been very hurt by the recollection of the fact that he cannot see amongst other things.
- Keru has since regained his eyesight. With the help of Moltove, Domri, Camille, Izri, Khuja'to, Nick, and Rhuya. Keru after speaking with Khuja allowed the keeper to handle his sister in the way he pleased, this resulting in her death. After this things seemingly returned to normal for the seeker. Working as best he could to keep the guard afloat. This leading to Keru join and work with the twins at their clothing shop, where he now in part owns.
- Going to the Gold Saucer one day as he wished to have some time off, he met Metza'li there. The two spoke for a while, and after seeming to hit it off with the man, they became quick friends. Keru even introducing him to Khuja. Once more enjoying the conversations they had. This prompting Keru to ask him for help learning Astromancy. To which the keeper agreed. Under his wing, he was given both a deck of cards, and help unlocking the first gate.
- The Stormguard has since merged with the Black Diablos. Forming the new Hearth Haven group. Housing them in the Lavender beds.
Some of these rumors are untrue or are greatly exaggerated. Please feel free to add your own rumors under PC!
- Template by Bancroft Gairn ((Last update: 4/1/2016 HELL IS FROZEN I UPDATED. :D))